Are you Storm-Ready This Summer?06-Sep-2019
In Australia Summer means storms. Summer storms can roll over suddenly and unexpectedly, or build slowly and noisily announce their impending arrival. Sometimes the weather forecasts predicts a storm, and sometimes it can come from out of the blue. Regardless of how a storm presents itself, it is important to have your family, yard and home storm ready.
- Have a family contingency plan and “Storm Kit” handy – consult your local emergency service or state Government website for assistance in forming yours. Handy items to include in your kit are torches, batteries, a radio, potable water and a first aid kit.
- Ahead of storm season (or following the forecast of a storm) check your yard for loose objects, trees that may need pruning or maintenance and check that your pets have somewhere safe and secure they can shelter through a storm.
- Review your generator/back up power supply – if your home lost power for an extended period of time, what would you do?
- Check your water set up – can your family access safe, clean potable water if the power goes out? If the answer is no, contact Ozzi Kleen to discuss our range of water spare parts, supplies, and tanks.
- Got a home sewage treatment plant – such as the Ozzi Kleen RP10? Short term power outages aren’t a big deal – just minimise your water usage to essentials such as toilet flushes, and hand basin until the power comes back on. Don’t touch or turn off the mains connection to the Ozzi Kleen. When the power comes back on, check your system to see if you can hear (or see) signs of normal operation – this can include hearing the air blowers operating, see an active the display on the control board, and see the sprinklers operating as normal. If you have any concerns that your Ozzi Kleen RP10 may not be functioning as normal following a power outage or storm, please contact your local Green Card Accredited Ozzi Kleen service agent. To find the contact information for your local Ozzi Kleen service agent visit our website: www.ozzikleen.com
- Save the numbers the local SES (State Emergency Services) and for your Ozzi Kleen service agent in to your mobile phone. Keep your phone charged and consider maintaining a charged power bank so that you can keep your mobile phone charged even when there is no power.
These Storm safety tips were brought to you by Ozzi Kleen – think water and waste water, think Ozzi Kleen.
If you have any queries regarding home sewage treatment options, water or waste water, please phone us on 07 54594 900